The worst is not over. That ship is going to shift and sink in ~230' of water. The oil tanks will rupture and the marine sanctuary will be polluted. It's going to turn into an ecological disaster. At least it can still be raised from that depth – but it will be a damned expensive proposition and it's hard to imagine who might pay for that. As a direct result, the Italian owners of the ship will go bankrupt and may pull Carnival Cruises down too. Even if the salvage company recovered the ship, it's now useless – it would have to be floated somewhere and scrapped. Not likely. It will probably stay right where it sinks. Italy may sink right along with it.
- Israel-Gaza Strip: The real story 18 May, 2018
- The swamp. H/T My cousin Larry. Long Beach PD (ret) 17 May, 2018
- The DPRK’s full statement. 15 May, 2018
- FBI report concerning armed citizens. 9 May, 2018
- From the National Security Archives 9 May, 2018
Subscribe to Blog via Email